I just ran across this yesterday and figure it’s worth sharing. If you have a Hotmail or Windows Live Mail account and you use Microsoft Outlook, you really need the Outlook Connector. That’s doubly true if you’re using Office 2010.
Version 14.0 was just released, and this post on the Outlook Blog lists additional features that “light up” when you use Outlook 2010:
- Junk filter settings. Your safe sender, blocked sender, and safe recipient lists are synchronized between Outlook and Hotmail.
- Integrated Send/Receive. Send/receive works just as it does for your other Outlook accounts.
- Integrated connection status. The Hotmail account status appears in the Outlook status bar.
- Rule support for secondary accounts. Rules can be applied to the Hotmail account in Outlook, even if that is not your Outlook primary account.
- Synchronize your drafts. The Outlook Drafts folder synchronizes with the Hotmail Drafts folder.
It was a very easy install, and highly recommended.
For Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 (32-bit):
Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 for Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 32-bit
For Outlook 2010 (64-bit):
Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 for Outlook 2010 64-bit
By the way, this release is following the same pattern as Office. Office 2007 was version 12, and the previous release of the Outlook Connector was version 12.1. Office 2010 is version 14, just like the new Connector. Triskaidekaphobia is alive and well in Redmond.
4 thoughts on “New Outlook Connector released”
Thanks for the heads up Ed. Have installed and working well.
what I don’t understand is why is Outlook Connector a separate application for Outlook 2010? The ability for Outlook 2010 to connect to Hotmail should just be part of the Outlook software, why should I have to install a separate app for two MS email products to talk to each other…again it’s MS making things more confusing than they need to be.
Thanks Ed! One more thing, it would have been better if you have mentioned that this works with Outlook 2003, 07 and 10. I had to go to the mentioned blog to find it out.
That information is right there in the download links I posted!
Comments are closed.